Rendering a picture into an 'old photo' creates a retro effect, which breathes a special feeling into it. Bright colored photos are indeed necessary as part of our lives. However, sometimes, an old fashioned picture makes us feel cozy. It's like an emotional refresher in today's life. To make an image having a sense of times, you don't need a high-end camera, but only a omputer software. Here's the step-by-step guide on how to make a photo look vintage by using Fotosifter.
Download, Install and Launch Cgaga Fotosifter
The magical software is Cgaga Fotosifter which is a quick image enhancer. First of all, download and install it. It's 100% free to download and install. The whole process won't take long. Then, click 'Run' to launch Fotosifter. If you meet any problem during the process, please contact our support team.
Import the photo you want to work with
After installing and launching Fotosifter, you'll be able to see it's main interface. Now, it's time to import the photo you want to enhance.
- Click 'Import' in the top tool bar.
- Click 'Import Media Files' in the sub-menu.
- In the pop-up window, choose the image you want to modify, and click 'Open' at the bottom right corner to import it in to Fotosifter.
Enter photo editing mode
- Click 'All' from the left-side tool bar. You'll see all the picture(s) you have imported.
- Single click to select the target picture.
- Click 'Edit' from the top tool bar. The target photo will become bigger in view and you can see some other tools around it.
- Now, you have successfully entered photo editing mode.
Exert the vintage-feeling photo filter on the picture
- On the right side of the target photo, you can see a right-side tool bar. There are four small icons between the target photo and the right-side tool bar. Click the second icon which looks like a palette.
- Now, you are presented with all the preset photo filters. The filters are categorized into 5 classifications for you: classic, old, fade, bright, and natural. Hover your mouse on the filter named 'nostalgia'.
- You'll see a circled plus (+) icon on the hovered filter. Single click the filter.
- Yay! It's applied on the photo! As you can see, the picture has been already rendered into an old-fashioned style.
Check and export the rendered photo
Cgaga Fotosifter to manage your photos in multiple devices
Fotosifter - an easy and smart photo oragnizer and editor
PS tips—How to do animal image matting in Photoshop